Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Teaching Environment:



Acoustic and electronic pianos
I personally am not fond of electric pianos, they can however, serve very educational and creative purposes so I will have them in my studio for students to do tech time, composition and other creative or technological things. For lessons I prefer a good acoustic piano, a nice upright for beginning students and a grand for the more advanced students.

Computers and technology
In this day of technology I think it is only proper to make use of apps, software, recording, devices and more in the studio to enhance the students learning experience. Tech time is a great way to get students to work on different technical skills to enhance lesson performance. There are many beneficial apps for composition and other areas as well.

Games and activities
Certainly there are important aspects of traditional piano training; strict technique and artistry must be taught in the lesson however there are many aspects of music that can be learned through a different medium such as a game. Games and activities can help younger or less focused students to learn and remember more effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment